2.25.2011

Whispers of Spring

I've been seeing a myriad of posts on my Blogger dashboard lately - most of them bemoaning the fact that this darn winter weather won't go away. It's actually been warmer where I live, however - we're done with snow. But what I really can't wait for is everything growing again. So here are my spring wishes to add to the ever-growing pile.

Spring is for...


Wild strawberries. They don't have any taste at all - but just look how gorgeous they are. 


Homemade peach preserves. Om-nom-nom. 


Ladybugs. 


Golden rays of sunshine on vibrant green moss.


Green grass. None of this brown stuff. 


Bare feet. Oh, how I wish for eighty degree weather!


photo-challenge.html.jpg

{the button for Grace's challenge wasn't really cooperating with me so click here.}

And butterflies. So simple yet so majestic. 

Have a great Friday, everyone. And be hopeful - weekend is on the horizon!

P.S. There is a giveaway over at Bella Vita - go and check it out!

8 comments:

  1. hehe. like the grass picture. and yes, i am very hopeful and glad that another wkend is here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH! Now you made me really want spring!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want spring too! Just not TOO HOT! Somewhere in the 70s-80s in perfect! I love those picutres it makes it feel like it really is spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. It is so fun to meet new people!

    This is a lovely little blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Anna! And thanks!
    --Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really pretty! The last one was my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I wish Spring would hasten it's arrival!!! I love the one of the ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I love your photos, Mary! Great job! Thanks for entering my photography contest. I apologize for the button not working.

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.