3.16.2011

Bloom! Staff Linkup

Some of you may have heard about the magazine that I write for. Bloom! is a Christian teen magazine, for girls, by girls, and brimming with creativity and glory for God. We are currently doing a blog hop, and it would be greatly encouraging if you stopped by our blog and read the other entries. 






1. Your blogging name, age/birthday (if you're allowed to reveal it on blogger), location (as detailed as allowed) and Bloom! staff position: 


My name is Mary Catherine. I live in Tennessee, and I am a writer and blogger for Bloom!.


2.  How many siblings do you have and what are their names/ages?

I have five younger siblings, three boys and two girls. (names not available) C. is nine years old, M.D. is seven years old, P. is four years old, M. is three years old, and T. is almost nine months old. Learn more about them on the munchkins page. 

3. How are you educated (homeschool, private school, public school, etc)?


I am homeschooled, but I am going to attend public high school next year.
4. What denomination of Christian are you? What are your personal Christian beliefs, in a nutshell? 


I am a baptist, but I do not believe that a denomination defines what you believe. As a Christian, all that matters is loving God and living for Him - repenting your sins and witnessing to others. 

5.What are some of your hobbies - such as sports, musical instruments, artistic talents, etc.


I used to play basketball, and that's still my favorite sport. I've played piano for about eight years, danced ballet for seven years, and I've been singing since I was five. I can even play saxophone! I like to dabble slightly in fashion and interior design.
6. Describe your personality in a few sentences:


Hmm... I guess I could call myself organized, musical, and structured. Most people call me kind *blush*.
7. Do you consider yourself more of a girly-girl or a tomboy? Or somewhere in between?


I'm a complete girly-girl but I'm not afraid to get dirty. 

8. Picture yourself ten years from now. What will you be doing, where will you be living, etc?


Writing and photographing nature for a living, living in a classy house, living and loving for Christ, reading... but who knows where I'll be? 
9. What is some of your favorite books? Favorite movies? Favorite foods?


Books: Anything by Nancy Rue. Movies: National Treasure 1 and 2, Chronicles of Narnia 1, 2, and 3. Favorite foods:  macaroni and cheese, cheesecake, key lime pie, and chocolate anything.
10. What got you interested in becoming a part of Bloom?


I've always liked writing, and the thought of collaborating with a lot of other girls like myself sounded like a blast. At this point I'm not even sure how I found Bloom - I think I saw the call for applications through a random blog.
11. What's one way - or more - that you've been blessed, inspired, and/or challenged through becoming a part of Bloom?


I love seeing the different points of view. We encourage each other, pray for each other, and understand each other. There are so many great staff members, and they definitely challenge me to be closer to Christ every day.
12. What is your favorite thing about Bloom! as well as one thing you would like to see improved behind-the-scenes?


Hmmm... I guess my favorite thing that I keep repeating is the fact that we're all in the same situations, but I get to see the different views on those situations. At this point, the only thing that could be improved is communication. :) 
13. What brings you inspiration?


Creation brings me inspiration. I love to go outside alone and just take pictures of everything that God has made. It makes me feel closer to Him.
14. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Who would you take with you and how long would you stay?


I would go tour Europe, most definitely. I might go alone, I might take my family, or I might take my close friends, depending on what type of trip it was. Realistically, I would stay for a month. Unlimitedly? I'd stay for a year!

15. What's your favorite dessert/treat?


I don't think I've ever found a favorite, but anything lemon, lime, or berry flavored. I also love Oreos and cheesecake. And chocolate, of course.
16. Coffee, tea, or soda?


Soda. Although I want to train myself to drink tea more often. 
17. What's your favorite color combination? Or combinations? ;-)


Any pastel with grey. Pink, lime green, and lavender.
18. What's your favorite time of year? What about least favorite?


Favorite: Autumn. Least Favorite: Spring or summer. 
19. Would you rather have one very close best friend or a group of close friends?


I would rather have a group of close friends.
20. Who is a role model for you in your life today (could be your mom, grandma, family friend, celebrity, etc.)?


My mom, my grandmothers, and Nancy Rue. 
21. Share a favorite quote or Bible verse. Why is it your favorite?


My favorite Bible verse currently is 1 Timothy 4:12  Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.

22. What is one thing that you've been trying to accomplish in 2011?

I've been trying to prioritize, seize opportunities, and manage money better.
23. What is one way (or more!) that you are trying to strengthen your relationship with Jesus right now?

I've been working on having a longer Bible study time. That is one of my weakest points in my relationship with Christ but it is the most important, so I need to get back to where I have a quiet time every single day.

Many thanks to KyAnn and Hannah M. for setting all of this up! Please go visit the Bloom! website and subscribe! 

2 comments:

  1. I had fun reading your responses!! This link up is great for getting to know each other. :)

    ~Hallie
    halliejophotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I'm the oldest of 6 too! I have 3 brothers and two sisters! Ha! Oh and I was homeschooled too. I suppose we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.