4.26.2011

April Showers Are Going a Little Too Far

Remember how I've said that I hate tornadoes?
Yeah. I haven't been too crazy about the weather for the past couple of days.
Yesterday (Monday), I was at home with T for the morning because my mom had to drop the rest of the little ones off at mother's day out.

I fed her:



And played with her: 



^  entering in the siblings photo contest  ^

Then, the minute my mom got home around lunch, the sirens started wailing. Luckily, it was just the three of us, so there was more room in the closet. Sirens, punctuated by thunder tremblings and lighting streaks, actually don't scare me as much as they used to. 
The storms cleared for the afternoon; I went to ballet and came home. Then, a little later, it started storming again. No tornado this time - thank goodness. But there was plenty of lighting and thunder which I actually enjoy going to sleep to.
Plus, the power went out. I don't know why, but I like it when the whole house is dark and you have to rely on candles and flashlights.


So here I am, ten o'clock at night, power's out, and it's storming like the world is about to end. And I'm taking pictures of the candle that we lit in the living room. My parents looked at me like I had pretty much lost it. They're probably right. 


For the record, I think the pictures turned out lovely. 


Soon after that, I went to bed and closed my eyes to the symphony of thunder that shook the house. And I decided something. 




Storms are actually very calming at times. I like them. 
{xoxo}

5 comments:

  1. I love storms :) love the candle pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I agree, the candles ones turned out very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the candle pictures!! they are so cool! thanks for linking up, love the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! I love the candle pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute picture of your sibling! :)

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.