4.16.2011

I'm a Glittery Girl

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."  --Audrey Hepburn
I am the type of person who loves dressing up, even if I'm doing it for no reason. I like glitter. I like glam. I like sparkles.


Madison took this picture. She accomplished the bokeh glitter by some bizarre effect that took place when she threw a bunch of leaves into the air. Do I even need to say how awesome it is?


Glitter is part of our personality. A smile makes us sparkle. A laugh makes us shine.


I took this picture in the mirror with my grandmother's DSLR. I love the blue tint and the sparkle of the flash. 


I honestly think this looks like some sort of book cover...


I might have mentioned this, but I adore France.


What can I say? I'm a complete girly girl. Okay - not complete. I'll play basketball and get dirty and wear t-shirts. Sometimes. But most of the time?


Just give me glitter.

What are you? Sporty or sparkly?
PS: There's a fantabulous giveaway going on at Love Stitched!

7 comments:

  1. I'm a girly girl too, but I'm also a bit of a tomboy. I like the bokeh picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... u r SUCH a girly girl. no offense but YUCK! im sooo not that way. hate pink, hate glam and all that stuff. sorry, judt cant help it. I am not very sporty either. So you know what that makes me? Country chic!!! Oh yes. give me some mud, coyboy boots, an old (yet cute) t shirt and I am good to go! Now i can be girly but just not like THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a combo of both! I love playing sports, but I also enjoy clothes, makeup, sparkles... I guess I am sporkly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stars by your eyes.. Totally need that effect :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little of both. I think dressing up etc. is fun, but I'm most comfortable in the dirtier tomboyish type activities. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. uhhh...both. only reason bing:
    you CANNOT stay clean at the barn. you fall off, get muddy, have a horse spit on u, and that kinda stuff. and u no that is my absolute FAVORITE quote by Audrey Hepburn!!!!! omg i love love love it!! and the pics r also good. very good!! i wish i had ur talent...and we NEED to do a photo shoot. my backyd longs for it. it is absolutely sick of having an ametuer (ok beginner...) bhind the camera. :) anyway...and yes, sara beth, i cant c u in a prom gown with ur hair up. not visible. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. All these photos are gorgeous! Love them!
    ♥,
    Lulu

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.