4.15.2011

Lazy Fridays and Webbed Feet

This morning, it was sheeting rain. This afternoon, it had turned into eighty degree sleevless-shirt and flip-flop weather. That's how it is in Tennessee. I got some school done this and decided to walk to the pond and take some - you guessed it - nature photography. I sure hope you guys don't tire of that sort of thing. :)


I was greeted at the edge of the path by the best thing ever: pink dogwoods. The one above is straight out of the camera!


I just adore that shade of pink. 



There are these green pine-looking trees around the pond... I'm not really sure what they're called.




Once again, a plant that I don't know the name of. These lovely blooms give off a light, sweet scent.
I had just finished taking the above picture when I saw this little guy right above my head. Close call, anyone? And then of course I took a picture of my would-be stinger.



 

My polka-dot flip flops...


I kind of have an obsession with dandelions, don't I?


After taking yet another dreamy sky picture, I headed down to the edge of the pond and fed the geese some bread that I had brought.


That is - if the turtles didn't get to it first. There was even a fish that flew above the water, skimmed the surface and grabbed a piece of bread - it was the coolest thing ever. I would have killed to get a picture of that.


Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that this is the coolest picture ever. Camera in one hand, bread in the other - I'm such a multitasker. Plus I have these geese trained - they eat out of my hand and/or really close to me. Sometimes, I admit, they're a little too close - case in point, I dropped a piece of bread right next to my toe. The goose ate the bread, and then proceeded to attempt at eating my big toe.


Ducks. They're just so photogenic.

Have a lovely Friday!

8 comments:

  1. I love the 7th photo. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ducks are so photogenic, aren't they? Especially cute ones like those. :D I love their little beady eyeballs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow those r amazing!! i never tire of nature photography!! and the wasp...thats 2 much!! really cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love the last one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I could ever tire of looking at nature photos...and these are awesome!

    And it's not just you--the one with the goose is cool. Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! Someone other than me has to bear Tennesee weather !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the White flowers and duck! We have a pond about 60 seconds walking distance from my house, with 4 ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots!! I just love those dogwoods never ever seen them before until started blogging - I am thinking we don't have them in Australia :-(

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.