4.08.2011

A Performance

As some of you know, Sterling and I performed for our school's Concert of the Arts last night. It went very well. Following is proof:


video



{note: if you caught it, I did mess up on one of the lyrics. I'm not sure if anyone in the audience noticed- except my mom, who has been listening to rehearsals of this song for three weeks. Give a hand to her for putting up with it!}
{further note: I never get nervous for this type of thing, but I had some sort of adrenaline freak-out right as we walked on stage, and I was shaking from head to toe, so that's why not all of the notes are spot-on at first.}

Also, give me a moment while I criticize myself on my stage presence:

"Are you afraid to move your lips? Geez, smile a little! Would it hurt for you to look up? Or put your shoulders back? Or look relatively happy or enthusiastic at all?"

There. All better. I'm much better at taking criticism if I give it to myself.

I also played piano, so here's the clip of that:
{the piece is Sonatina, Op. 55, second movement, in case anyone is wondering. The emcee (aka the school administrator) doesn't know how to pronounce musical terms, so he said "Op", which is exactly what he did last year when I played. Why didn't I just write "sonatina" for the sake of simplicity? *smacks forehead*}

video


Tell me if any other piano players have this problem: When I played it, it seemed a lot slower than it does on the video... why on earth is that?

Here is a generally terrible picture of us, since my mom was distance away from the stage. Sterling's mom took a better one in the hall that I might edit in later if she can email it to me. 

You guessed it - ignore the face. Thanks.
Here's a better full-length one of the outfits. Wow - ignore this face too.... I have *not* been very photogenic lately.  {note: I ended up not wearing the dress from Charming Charlie's - I think I got it from Lola.}

{xo}

7 comments:

  1. A friend awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award recently, and you're one of the seven bloggers I chose to pass it on to (http://swordmaidenforchrist.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html). :)


    You have a very nice blog!

    In Christ,

    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... you are so talented! Amazing job! :D

    ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love Wicked.

    That was really good on both parts! Is there anything you can't do? You dance, sing and play piano! Gosh. ;)

    I love your dress, it's so colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did amazing! I din't even notice you messed up!! Great job! Tell sterling that too please(: I loved the piece on the piano to! Your so talented. I'm jealous. love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!!! that turned out a lot better than the 1 my mom made on her phone!! told u that dress was cute. unless u dont blieve ur fellow commenters. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. When he said "Op" I wanted to go "No, Mr. Marr!It's an abreveation for Opis!" Hahaha! Both pieces were amazzing :)

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.