5.25.2011

Darkening Skies

Hey, blogging friends. It's me.
*crickets*
Remember me? The bad blogger who hasn't written a post in like, four days?
You remembered! Nice to see you again.
This afternoon we had a showing so we piled in the car to head to my grandmother's house. While we were there, we became aware of a tornado warning that was in affect until ten o'clock tonight.
The funny thing is, it was completely sunny. 

Storms are a cause of paranoia around here. We sit by the tv, huddled and watching the news.
I used to be scared of tornado warnings, but now we've had so many that I'm getting used to them.
^outdoors^
Photobucket

That being said, they are still not my favorite thing in the world.


So overall, today was a pretty laid back day. After the showing, we headed home and watched anxiously as the skies began to cloud over what had been a once-sunny day.

It's been raining so much lately that we have a healthy crop of mushrooms in the backyard. Fungi is suprisingly photogenic.


eeewww....


We went outside and played with bubbles for a little while.





Who could ask for more perfect weather to watch the Oprah finale? {kidding}


As I'm typing this, it has just started raining. The skies are dark. Church has been canceled. The aura is of impending fright.
For those of you who prefer predictable weather, I have a tip:
Don't move here. Or if you've already moved here and hate the current weather, stick around for about fifteen minutes. It will change.
{xo}

3 comments:

  1. Amazing photos! BTW You won something from my blog party :) Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos! It has been raining where I live but not every day. About twice a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha so true!! good pics though!!

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.