5.13.2011

So Blogger, Like, Died Yesterday...

...and didn't resurrect until about an hour ago. It also deleted yesterday's post. I'm not going to repost it though, because hopefully they will restore all of the deleted things like they are saying they will. Yesterday's post finally got restored! Don't worry Blogger, I still love you.

Anywho...


On Wednesday night, we went downtown for two reasons. One, we wanted to see how bad that the Mississippi river flooding really was, and second, we went out to eat to celebrate my last day of school (okay, so it also might have been because my mom hadn't made dinner yet, but whatever...).


yeah, I know that there's a huge pole in the way...

I don't actually have pictures of the flooding (which was pretty bad, let me tell you) because we had reservations at the restaurant and didn't want to get sidetracked by getting out of the car. 

all of these pictures were sooc - straight out of the car.

After we observed the water, we headed to the restaurant, which is called the Spaghetti Warehouse. It has the largest portions I've ever seen, along with antiques on the walls and a trolley in the middle of the building that people can eat in. 


Did I mention that everything was huge? My mom and I ordered the "Italian feast for two", and it actually could have fed the whole family. We came home with four servings worth of leftovers.



Bread. Nom-nom.


They have this ridiculous fifteen layer lasagna that was huge.


This is what was left of the Italian feast. That's less than half of it.


They had all sorts of old newspaper articles and posters on the walls, along with some book posters like the one below that kind of creeped me out because we were sitting in front of it. 


The Queen of Chinatown; Rescued from the Highbinder's Rat Pit.
Call me a wimp, but you know you wouldn't want that hanging up in your bedroom...
All in all, it was a fun night. Tonight my dad has tickets to a ball game so my mom and I are going to swing by Lifeway and buy The Voyage of the Dawn Treader - only the best movie ever, in case I've never mentioned it before. Girl night, anyone?
{xo}
PS: Did all of the blogger workers that stopped by to delete the previous post also vote on the poll? I mean, it went from about seven votes to twenty four in one night. Hm...
PPS: Giveaway at Horsefeathers!

3 comments:

  1. Mmm! That Italian food looks really good. :)

    Now that you mention it, I've noticed that my poll has also gone up. Before the whole blogger shutdown happened, it was like 14 votes so far and now its like 48 votes. Mysterious.... I wonder if it'll go down after a while...but I'm not so sure though. You never know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I LOVE Italian food!
    Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Spaghetti Warehouse!! I was really close to there Saturday at the Majestic Grill.

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.