6.02.2011

I Just Fell In Love

{alternative title: eeeeeeeeeeeeepp!!!!!!!}

Today I found out what it is like to almost die of complete and utter happiness.
My parents rarely find ways to surprise me. Seriously - I even knew that M was coming before my mom announced it, for crying out loud. But today I did not see it coming - the heavy, medium sized box sitting on the dining room table.
My eigth grade graduation present.
And then I opened it. And saw this:

I didn't bother watermarking these. Don't steal.
All I could do was put my head down on the box and squeal. Seriously. 
Then I opened it further and saw this: 


I've been idolizing this camera for months. Analyzing the sample pictures online. Skimming the website's manuals.

Love at first sight, I tell you.
Guess what new novel I'll be tearing through tonight?


Without further ado, meet my baby; my partner who has only taken around thirty pictures so far but will be sure to take thousands and thousands more, until death do us part.

Her name? Ebony. And she shall be mine and I shall love her forever and ever.
Of course, I quickly reminded my parents that the camera will swiftly pay for itself because they will be getting free family portraits for like, the rest of their lives. :)
Seriously, I'm going to be taking pictures of everything tomorrow. Not that that was any different before.  But I'm going to get the hang of a Nikon instead of my grandmother's Canon, which I can finally stop borrowing for long-term periods. Any Nikon tips?
 {xo}

14 comments:

  1. AHHHH!!! So exciting!!!! :) congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOLY MOLY. Wow! Congratulations! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH! I bet you were as happy as me when I got my first rebel in the mail! That is such a great graduation present! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I have the d90, which is like the d7000's "little brother." My advice - learn how to shoot manual. It's tough, it's tricky, and it takes practice but it is so worth it (and if you already know how, then totally forget I just said that! ha!).

    Also, start saving for either the Nikon 35mm f/1.8 or the 50mm f/1.8. They're cheap. $200 and $150, I believe. You'll quickly outgrow the 18-105mm and it's limits. The large apertures on those lenses are absolutely to die for.

    Can't way to see your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on getting a new camera! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome!!! It's purty! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! :)
    YOur about as happy\excited as i was!!!!!
    :D :D :D
    So glad you got it!
    wow, and now you have your Money that you saved for accessories! :D :D :D
    I cant wait to see the photos you take with it!
    super duper cool!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited for you, Mary Catherine!! It's really funny that....I was reading your blog post and then my momma came in my room and asked me to take a photo of her quilt top with my camera. All I have to say is be prepared to take lots of photos for your family, dear! LOL! =)

    -Sarah Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. *screams* OH MY GOODNESSSSS! Congrats!! :D And I love the name you gave it! I named mine Niclas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! SOOO JEALOUS!!!!! thats sooo awsome that u got it! once u get some use out of it, u have to let me borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how I love for a new, good camera...how fun! I think I would fall in love too! :)

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.