6.14.2011

Packing and Prepping

Today I had the pleasure {ahem} of getting my immunizations for the trip.
Three shots, two on one arm, and one on the other. I've gotten to the point where I don't really mind them as much (read: no screaming or shaking) but I hate the bruising afterwards.
We've also been doing a lot of other stuff, getting ready to pack.

Clothing laid out and ready to be stuffed into a suitcase?


Check.

Junk food for the plane and the dorm?
all that glorious junky stuff... nom. I also got Godiva chocolate just to share for the trip but forgot to put it in this picture...
Passport?

Oh, wait...



Unmistakable Vera passport cover so that I won't lose the darn thing and never be able to return home?
Check.

Sunglasses?

Check.

One of my grandmother's good friends got both me and my grandmother ^these^. It has so much stuff that I'm afraid it will explode when I open it...
And let's hope that does not happen. I heard from one of the moms that we're rooming with that they the people in customs have guns and tough-looking uniforms.
*nervous giggle*

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Today I went to the house of one of the ladies that is going so that everyone could practice with the puppets that we're using for the VBS there. I am not doing the puppets, thank goodness. That would be an automatic fail. But I did meet two of the girls that we're rooming with that are complete experts with them. All of the other non-puppet-experts, including myself, are just holding up the props for all of the songs - all in Spanish, mind you, which I do not know a lick of, even though I took lessons when I was little.
Has any one of you lovely followers ever been on a mission trip? Or to Guatemala, for that matter?
{xo}

5 comments:

  1. Getting close! Soo exciting! And what a cute little kit, Ive seen it before at a boutique-y place. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been on a mission trip or to Guatemala, but it sounds like an amazing experience! Don't worry too much about the custom officers; they seem kinda scary at first, but they really aren't too bad ;) I can't wait to see pictures of your trip and I hope you have an amazing time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I was bored yesterday and looking at that same mini kit thing, haha, small world! :D Or small internet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. um why did u FORGET 2 put the chocolate in the pic? that was stupid. :D i totally wish i were going it sounds like TONS of fun!!

    ~Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it amazing how much you can fit into a couple of suitcases and still have them under the weight limit?!?

    I hope that you have a wonderful time in Guatemala! Take lots of pictures :)

    I went to Mali, West Africa for a month in 2009 to stay with some missionary friends of ours who lived there. That was one of the most memorable months of my life!

    Happy packing,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.