6.08.2011

The Sweet Smell of the Stables

Today my friend Kendall and I went to our local horse show, which has been held here every year since, oh, around 1948 or something.


My mom told me the other day to thank Kendall for "living vicariously through her equestrian efforts".
It's true - horses are something that I've always loved but have never been able to pursue, and now thanks to her I've been around them more in the past two months than I have in a year. 


There is nothing better than the smell of horse stables. Nothing.


^showing off something lovely^
Lovely Photo - Wordless or Not-So-Wordless Wednesday at Aspire

and then, she {snapped}


Despite the ninety degree and above heat, I probably could have stayed all day long just to see the gorgeous creatures.


Well, that and the fact that the continuous shutter on the camera was making me incredibly happy.



The horse and rider work together as a perfectly unified team, like poetry with a saddle. 


Horses are definitely a type of animal that I could never get tired of watching.


Kendall and fed all of the horses from her stables carrots. Nom if you're a horse.


Last night we also competed in the costume class, where each barn picks a theme and dressed up accordingly. We were Clydex, a spinoff of Fedex, and our horse, a famous jumping clydesdale named Eli, had wings. With lights. They were awesome.


Unfortunately, we ended up not winning anything because we had too many people. We each still got a big ol' honorable mention ribbon though.


All in all, a terrific day at the horse show. Neigh.

video

{xo}

PS: A big congrats to Kendall, who also went to an out of town show last weekend and got first!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome picture's COUSIN!! haha, you should check out my blog. I did a full out graph of how we are related. :P
    {http://improvinmylife.blogspot.com/}

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This awesome. I also jump! It sounds like you guys had a fun time. Nothing better than a horse show :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love horse shows (especially if they're show jumping). They're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww thxs! but sterling DEF. deserves more credit than me. :D awesome pics!! they turned out really well!had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog. A big horse lover, too. And I couldn't agree with you more about the smell of a horse barn...nothing better! BC

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.