7.10.2011

The World's Most Photogenic Object

Daisies. You can't go wrong with the little beauties, bobbing their yellow heads and white bonnets about in the wind. Soaking up the sun (although I confess it wasn't too sunny while these pictures were being taken) and singing of God's glory.

 “If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.” -Nadine Stair
 "Daisies are like sunshine to the ground." -Drew Barrymore
 "The rose has but a summer reign, [but] the daisy never dies." - James Montgomery
^something beautiful for Kiley's challenge^

I gotta tell you guys, taking shots like this is making me long for another lens. I went to a family wedding yesterday and they had three photographers, each with lenses that were bigger than my arm. They probably cost more than my arm too, come to think of it. 
But speaking within budget-range here, what are some Nikon-compatable macro lenses that you would recommend? And while we're on the subject, what is the difference between a macro filter and a macro lens?
{xo}

12 comments:

  1. i love daisies.. there so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Daisies make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the Drew Barrymore quote! so cute :) I'm a Canon girl so I can't help out very much with the whole lens thing.. I think the difference between a macro lens and a macro filter is that filters just magnify the object slightly.. i donno haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right - it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing!
    I have a macro filter that I love, but it has a really small focusing range and the pictures aren't always very sharp. Still, they're way cheaper than an actual lens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bought a 35mm yesterday and love it!! I'm clueless with re macro thing. Lol but you should get the 35mm!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, those pictures are adorable. They make me smile!! I love them, I haven't seen many daisies this summer though. :(

    Great post!

    iGirl/Dani

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kiley - I was actually researching lenses yesterday and decided that I might get that one! Thanks for your advice!
    --Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nikon just released a 40mm f/2.8 macro lens for about $280. The 35mm f/1.8 or 50mm f/1.8 aren't very good for macro, though they are both great lenses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great photos! thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.