8.19.2011

Mentally M.I.A.

I am completely brain-dead. 
Two weeks of school. Thirty-five more to go. 
By that time my back will be permanently caved in. I promise my backpack weighs thirty pounds. 
Meanwhile, dear little sis T is walking, and when she toddles over for a hug I nearly burst into tears because I can't be there every minute of every day to help her along and watch her grow. 


Instead, I'm in a classroom, learning about angles and the Assyrians and the french language (which, by the way, is gorgeous. I can't wait to learn more).


I feel more out of touch with creation lately. I want to be able to run out in the yard and lay down in the grass and stare at the clouds.


But there's never time. Never. I've realized how valuable that one thing is during these past few weeks.
As the summer flowers fade, I feel like I'm fading too. Highschool seems to allow for less individuality and more exhaustion. We're all in groups; the 'smart' kids, the band kids, the standard class kids, the art kids, the choir kids, the theatre kids. 
What can I do about it when there are two thousand of us crammed into seven buildings and rushing around like annoying ants? I happen to loathe the highschool image.


Oh well. The days go on. The autumn will come. The football games will be played and the concerts will be sung. 
And I suppose I'll be better for it, in the end. Because trials build character.
I love it when I remember conclusions like that at the end of what was originally just a "what I'm doing lately" post.
Love to all of you.
{xo}
PS: I know that I've been doing all of these short posts lately, but I promise I'll be back to normal soon - I hope.

4 comments:

  1. so inspiring mcat!! sorry school is stressful. i am kinda expierencing the same thing, only on a MUCH smaller scale. :D

    ♥Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel about being gone when your baby sister is growing up. I feel the same way, even when I'm at home all the time. I wish I could just attach her to me sometimes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. There is a good chance I am going to school next year. I want to though. Incase you haven't noticed I am bery bubbly, giggly, social, talkative, etc...
    Anyway, I am sorry about school! And I know how you feel about your sister. Mine is growing up too. It really is a sad matter. The most you can do now is love her, and pray she will grow up to be an amazing person living for the lord!
    --Sara Beth
    {www.purpleish247.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have three foster siblings under 2 1/2 and I was gone for one week and they have grown so much. I know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.