10.30.2011

Gearing Up

Alternate Title: 
"Reasons Why You Should Stay Away From Me in November, for Your Own Safety"

I started freaking out yesterday. Mostly because I hated my plot for Nanowrimo. Don't worry, though. I sat down with my muses and brainstormed so now I have a solid plot that I actually love.
Although, I will confess, I resorted back to a spy novel.
Next year, I solemnly swear that I will write something people actually want to read. Promise.


This year, I decided to be awesome and use sticky notes for the outlining. That way, I can mix stuff up whenever I need to. And my wall will look pretty darn awesome by the end of the month, don't ya think? {yikes, look at all the plot gaps...}


I did Nano last year, and won with my novel Colorguard. Maybe someday I'll post the synopsis or something. But I will warn you - it isn't finished and, due to it being my first Nano attempt, it isn't very good. I used a ton of filler just to get to 50,000.

this book is shamelessly dog-eared. 
But no more. This year, my novel will rock. Maybe I'll even be able to finish it this time. I hope.
And, like a good novelist should, instead of actually plotting and outlining as much as I should, I've been too busy getting my room exactly right.


ignore badly edited outlet...


I set up a writing space using a scarf I got in Guatemala and another scarf-ish thing I got from an old neighbor, then used my bean bag and some other pillows. I'd like to think that it looks bohemian. 
I'd be wrong. 
But it's still cozy.


 Of course, after all that, I'll probably end up doing most of my writing on the bed. Oh well. 


Want to be my writing buddy? My username is MCat. You can find me here - I'd love to see your progress if you are participating!
I'm off to waste time on the Nanowrimo official site now instead of thinking of a title that I desperately need...
{xo}
PS: Remember - I'm completely sane. Honest.

7 comments:

  1. This is TOTALLY off-topic, but I'm in LOVE with your pillows! Wonder if I could find a fabric like those somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ciara,
    I think my mom found the grey one at Bed Bath and Beyond or Target. I made the pink heart cheetah print one, and found the fabric at Jo-Ann's craft store.
    --Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find you on Nano! But there may be something wrong with my search because I can't find a lot of people who say they're on. Anyway, add me. my username is Hope247

    ReplyDelete
  4. I added you on NaNaWriMo! :) My username is emmie0952.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added you on NaNoWriMo!! I'm Dani_Dancer.

    P.S. Do you mind if I copy your sticky not idea? It seems really cool and I think it'd help visualize the plot more.

    iGirl/Dani

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool maybe I'll try doing it next year. By the way I gave you a blogger award at my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.