12.16.2011

Lately...

{aka the rambling post}

Today was my last day of school before winter break, making it a sweatshirt and jeans day. I was going to wear Uggs, too; you know, to complete the whole teenager-last-day-couldn't-care-less image, but all I have is the fake ones, and they're sort of decomposed. Oh well. Exams are something new for me - I've never had to cram or recall things that I learned four months ago (am I the only one who thinks that that's a faulty way of testing knowledge?). Anywho, I'm very happy with the grade turnout and quite relieved to be out of school. *lets out huge and dramatic sigh*
Because of the last day of exams, it was a half day, and after going to a small game party for my little siblings, I took a four hour nap. Just sayin' - it was awesome.

But back to the subject - I am so so so glad to be out of school. Quiet is something that isn't even part of my vocabulary anymore, and I can't wait to sleep, write, sing, blog, and relax. For two weeks. But then I have to go back...
Ugh.

I haven't even started Christmas shopping, people. I need to go Christmas shopping. Really.

In other news: I became a vegetarian (counts on fingers) like, five days ago. No joke. I really wanted to try it, even though I never thought I could resist meat. But lately it's been less tempting anyway, so I made the switch. I want to see how far I can get. My mom was surprisingly receptive of this announcement.

Me: I think I'm going to cut out meat.
Mom: Ok, just make sure you take vitamins for the protein you won't be getting.
Me: Mk.

Yup. My biggest triumph so far is when I piled into the car after school the other day and, when presented with a McDonald's quarter pounder from my mother, I calmly said, "no, I'm a vegetarian now, remember?" and resisted the smell, silently eating just the fries instead. Nom.

*sigh*

Three friends and I are getting a group together to compete in solo & ensemble in the spring. That's another thing I've never done, so it should be fun. And as I said to one of them the other day, after we get an awesome score, we can tour together.
I hope I don't need to remind you that I am a shamelessly ambitious person.
Meanwhile, Kendall and I are also trying to gear up for another vocal competition for which the auditions are in January. We've decided to work up "For Good" again. I'm overly excited.

I feel like I have a lot of projects lately, but I'm also starting a collab idea with two of my ballet/writer friends, kind of like a build-the-story deal where we each have a character and alternate writing chapters. Did I tell you guys about that? Not sure. Oh well.

Speaking of ballet, our last class before the break was last Monday, and our teacher always lets the moms and siblings come watch and/or participate. It's laughable and loads of fun. My mom's been having knee troubles lately, so M danced instead. She is such a little spunky thing. Like some sort of fairy...


And now we'll ramble some more... can you believe they're coming out with yet another version of Beauty and the Beast? Hasn't Disney exhausted it a little bit? 
Speaking of, there are some good movies coming out this year - I really want to see the Adventures of TinTin, for whatever reason - even though I'm not quite sure what it's about. My friends also really want me to see the Hunger Games. Personally, nothing could ever top Narnia, but I'm willing to amuse them. Anything but Twilight... 

What are your winter break plans? Do tell. 

{xo}

6 comments:

  1. I also agree that is a bad way of testing. I still have 3(ish) more days of school before winter break, involving unit tests and whatever, and then I come back for a couple weeks (Maybe 4 or so) and have midterms and then I have semester break. We're heading out to visit my dad's family for christmas though. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, you're vegetarian now? well, i'm not going to say i'm against it, but being a competitive swimmer, i would die if i stopped eating meat. like, not kidding. but that's weird and gross so just scratch this part. cool post, i love ramblings :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. M is so adorable. When I used to do Ballet I had to wear plain black leotard that was it. You are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, she is SO adorable! I've toyed with the idea of becoming a vegetarian, after learning what people do to them, and how... fake (?) the animals are now, the kind that we eat. But, I don't think I could go without turkey, or chicken... :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ew ew ew shes soooo cute!!! I love ur sisters... oh and btw good luck no going vegitarian...i'd never have the will power to resist meat. :D

    ♥Kendall

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.