12.31.2011

Looking Back and Moving Forward

It's almost 2012, people.

I don't know really where to start with my distaste of passing time. I'm always rather depressed at the end of a year, thinking about all of the other years and things that I've done. Birthdays that I've reached, things I've tried.

But I've got to move forward - after all, who has a choice? We can't pause time and get our life in order. Life is tough, but it's what Christ has doled out for us because He created us to live. He created us to breathe, and see the world; the good and the bad.

My one little word for 2012 is wander. I decided on it because I'm normally a very uptight person, admittedly. I like to stick to schedules, and I get easily fed up if things don't happen on time. But I need to learn how to wander. I need to let go and just leave for small amounts of time, seeing the world and the people that are in it. It makes me think of two quotes, actually. One, the words of J.R.R. Tolkien - "not all who wander are lost". And two, the words of the song "I wonder while I wander".
Along with my one little word, I've also been thinking about multiple short mottos that will be running through my head as we start 2012.

take chances.

I need to learn to leap for things that may or may not work out instead of trying to have everything under control.

observe.

I want to get another notebook just for planet-observing and people-watching. I want to see the details and small things to enjoy.

immerse.

I want to soak up the lives of other people instead of living for me. I want to see how nature works and take long walks, lying in the grass and photographing everything that moves.

encourage.

I want to be there for my friends and family, helping in any way that I can and should.

listen.

I don't always have to be the one talking.


Basically, this will be a "laying low" year, in a sense. This is not a year for me to shine or draw attention to myself. This is a year to learn about other people and the world, and try to make it a better place. It's a year to witness and bring more glory to God. It's a year to sing whatever comes to mind, and dance to free stress.
What are your resolutions? See you next year.
{xo}


3 comments:

  1. this is goooodd(: HAPPY NEW YEARR!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, yes. happy new year. :))
    -jocee <3

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.