4.29.2012

Not Afraid of Heights, Just Afraid of Falling

This past weekend, we went on a quick twenty-four hour soul cleansing trip to the lakehouse. The weather was phenomenal and the way the waves lapped against the edge of the boat made me want to run away and never come back. 


There are some days when you need a break. You need to be able to sit, dipping your toes in freezing water and contemplating all that God has made. You need to clear your head and be able to think again amid the hectic life you're stuck in.


Being there, enjoying the fresh air, taking pictures, thinking and praying - praying a lot. Weekend vacations are a God-thing.



Sheer joy is something that is rarer than it used to be - it's occurrences started fading with yesterday's youth. But having times like these give it back, and rejuvenate my spirit. It's just enough to keep us going.




Sometimes we must be reminded that beauty is in the simple things. It's in a grin as the wind blows our hair every which way, a bright yellow wildflower, and a deep breath as your heart reminds you that things will be okay soon enough.



We climbed a mountain - it's name is Sugarloaf, and as strange as it is to say, I haven't climbed it in a decade. 

    

saw this little charmer on the way up.







oh, the places my little camera has been


I lift my eyes up to the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, 
Maker of Heaven and Earth.
Psalm 121:1-2


Now, four more weeks of school. Surely I can pull that off. I think.
{xo}


3 comments:

  1. The views from the top of that mountain are beautiful! Actually, this whole post is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely gorgeous!! all of the sibs are so photogenic. :)

    ♥Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so poetic---between the pictures and your eloquent writing I felt like I was hearing the waves lap against the boat right with you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.