7.02.2012

She Found That Her World Was a Stage

I've really come into my own as a performer this year. And when all of the siblings and I ('cept for T, who was, quite obviously, too young) got into Sleeping Beauty at our city's theatre, I was beyond excited. Sure, it's a short kid's play. But it was just so much fun.


One of the most fun parts was spray painting my old pointe shoes a solid silver glitter coat for fairy shoes.

Flora, Fauna, and Maleficent.

Merryweather, Flora, and Fauna.
Of course, my first reaction to being cast as a fairy was disbelief (I am the most negative person in the county, and I'm not hyper, not chatty, etc.), but with enough sparkles, tulle, and glitter hairspray, I was able to pull it off. And I'm not going to lie - wielding a wand around is pretty fun. Still - it was a stretch.


M was a bird, P was the young prince and a frog, M.D. was a guard, and C was the king.


And Kendall was Prince Philip's mother.

Backstage is one of my absolute places to be. You form such a strong bond with the cast that everyone's depressed when it's over. It really is a family.


Amelia, whose facial expressions are to die for.

Alli with about half of the animals.

me with the best (and cutest) assistant stage manager on the planet.

the men. I guess that was P's impression of a prince's face.

aurora with her animals.

Fauna magically bringing the bucket, mop, and broom to life - note the shoes.



photobombing award of the century goes to... Amelia. The goons were practicing their fairy-eating. Don't be alarmed.

the gang's all here



Ah, yes. We closed Saturday night, leaving it as the best-selling summer kids show that the theatre has ever had. I'm going to miss theatre life. But at least it won't be too long before we get back to it - rehearsals for Into the Woods start next month, so I'll get out my curling iron yet again to be an ugly stepsister, and Kendall's the baker's wife. 
What are some of your favorite plays?
{xo}

5 comments:

  1. That looks like SO much fun. I can totally relate because I am in theatre and I love it. An you're right! By the end you really do become a family. Right now I'm in Alice in Wonderland. My favorite play is Wicked. Thanks for posting this - love all the pics and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wicked is my absolute favorite musical too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh. My. Word. Tote adorbs.
    Excuse me while I scroll through the pictures again.

    Kendall
    P.S
    Uh...the stepsister's aren't ugly dearest. That's the point. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha ok dearest. Ugly as in they're mean!! :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! It looks like you had a great time.
    I'd have to say that my favorite play is "Annie"...but I'm probably slightly biased since my sister was in it a few years back :)
    Thanks for sharing...I loved all of the photos!

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.