7.05.2012

The Bombs Bursting in Air


With me, shooting fireworks is a hit-or-miss. They either come out like this:


Or this: 


But this year, I was quite happy with most of my resulting shots. Fire in any form is massively photogenic.


Oh, and I'm obsessed with bokeh. But you knew that.




The smoke was rather in our way, and the ashes were dropping all over the place. I smelled like soot by the time we made it home. But that was okay. We looked like an electric circus with all of our glow accessories, the highlight (pun intended) of any Fourth.









What about you? Have you picked up any tips when shooting fireworks? How was your fourth of July?
{xo}

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the photos!! Absolutely beautiful! My favorite firework photos are probably the bokeh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing! And yes. I did learn something about photographing fireworks. You can't do it with an ipod. :P

    ♥Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post! i just wanted to comment informing you that my old blog that you followed has been moved to a new blog, www.kelseyarkills.com, and since i can't move all the followers to the new blog, i was wondering if you could think about following the new one. thanks so much!
    kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think all these shots came out great! I love the out of focus ones, very clever! Shooting fireworks definitely can be hit or miss, but you got lots of awesome shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your fireworks shots turned out wonderful! It was my first year trying to photograph them, and it was definitely a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh!! Those are incredible!

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.