8.26.2012

Secret sisters. A guest post by Madison.

Oh how I have missed the blogging world! It's good to be back!

I'm Madison. Formally known as frogger (If you go to Mary cat's links you can find 'frogger' and learn more about me from Mary Catherine's point of view). MC and I go way back. There are few memories I have that she is not apart of. We grew up together. From three to sixteen she has been there through it all. That's what I want to talk about.

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted to post about. There are so many things but I settled on friendship. So here we go...

This picture is the oldest picture I have of Mary Catherine and I. Now I'm sure there are older ones out there but I would have no clue where to start looking.

Aren't childhood pictures the best? Oh boy...
It was me, Mary Catherine, and Allison. We were inseparable. Just like any 9-11 year old girl, we had a club. And who doesn't love clubs? We had posters, secret codes, secret powers, pretend horses.. We had it all. We were the secret sisters.

All three of us at our babysitters wedding.  My personal favorite of us. August 2006.


The thing we were never told is that one day we would grow up and by growing up, that meant growing apart. Allison is now in Indiana. Mary Catherine and I are in Tennessee. And you wanna know something funny? We don't talk everyday. And we aren't apart of an awesome secret sisters club anymore. It's sad some days. But on day's like today you realize that even though we aren't as close as we were then, when Allison comes back to town, you would have never guessed she left. And to me, that's awesome.

Haha! Terrible picture. But its all three of us! We were at the redbirds game June 2011. 

Beautiful Alli!! 2011

Madi. 2011

Gorgeous MCat. 2011
(Sorry for no 2012 pictures. I need to work on that.)


I miss them like crazy. Even though Mary C and I live in the same city we don't see each other as much as we would both prefer. But I've decided that's okay. Because it makes the time we are together that much more special. And we have both learned that lesson with Allison.

You have to let go of your childhood and grow up. But don't ever let go of your memories. they are a precious gift you will carry with you throughout your life.

I wouldn't be who I am without these girls and I think they can safely say the same. I love them and can't wait to be reunited with them soon!

John 15:13 NIV 
Greater Love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

 Happy Sunday! 
xoxo - Madison

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Madison. :)

    Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! Great blog title. I hope you will stop by mine: Living fully By Faith.

    http://emmavogelsang.blogspot.com
    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Because comments are awesome.